- If you do not belong to a gym, this is a great time to do that. I highly recommend IRON ATHLETE in Lansdale, which is operated by our strength coach Jimmy Ward. Many of our players workout there, and it really gives you a great opportunity to workout with other guys in the program.
- If the current health situation or your own personal situation prevents you from being able to join a gym, every exercise on here can be supplemented with body weight workouts at home. Also, stepping up your speed, agility, conditioning, stretching, and core work will go a long way. Where there is desire, there is a way.
- Our upperclassmen have been through our offseason program and are great leaders to help you through this Phase 1 lifting card. If you workout at the same place as any of them, reach out to them. Talk to them. They will help you! That's what our program is all about. Please do not be shy about reaching out and coordinating your workouts with other guys. I am very proud of our winter lifting program. I would be even more proud to see our upperclassmen and underclassmen getting this work done together on their own time. That's how programs succeed, period.
You can also reach out to Coach Ward if you have questions about the program or Iron Athlete
- As a reminder, the Phase 1 lifting card is designed for 2 days per week. You can use it for 4 days (M, Tu, Th, F) or you can use this for 2 days, and then add additional exercises for another 2 days. Tracking your progress is a KEY to strength training gains.
- Going forward, we will have outdoor speed and agility sessions as well, but in the meantime, Sprint work, conditioning work, agility drills and additional core and forearm work are essential. Again... where there is desire, there is a way.
Remember, if you allow yourself to make a mountain of excuses, the guy making a mountain of work next to you is always going to be standing on stronger ground. And there will be plenty of mountains of hard work to contend with - that's for sure. Because so many of the days coming up may take extra initiative and desire on your part, I can only conclude that this will be our best, most productive offseason we have ever had!